Week 1 Post: My Blog Story

Week 1 Post: My Blog Story

Write a post that shares your blog story. Some topics you may wish to discuss include:

• Your experience blogging – is this your first post? Are you an experienced veteran? Somewhere in between?
  • Do you read other blogs? What are some of your favorites? How do you keep up with them?
  • What are your goals for the #EdublogsClub?
  • If you are new to blogging, do you have any questions you want answered or fears you wish to share?
  • If you are more experienced at blogging, do you have any advice for newbies?
  • Anything else you wish to share!

Hi there!  I am new to blogging.  As you can see, I’ve posted twice, but I’m just beginning.  I am hoping to learn more about blogging, its advantages, and how it can be pulled into my class.  I teach in a rural town in Texas and am in my 10th year of teaching.  The teachers returned to school today for staff development and workday, and students return tomorrow.  I believe this challenge or club will help me out tremendously.  I teach career exploration and portals class, along with technology, and an ESL intervention class.   I feel I have much to learn, but also think the weekly challenge will be just enough to get me going without getting me too overwhelmed.  I look forward to reading other blogs and seeing my confidence and abilities grow through the completion of the EdublogsClub prompts each week.  

13 thoughts on “Week 1 Post: My Blog Story

1. Good luck on the challenge! I’m sure it will be helpful as it holds you accountable a bit! I’ll look forward to reading your posts!

2. I look forward to reading along on the journey. I’ve had a blog for some years now; don’t consider myself an expert but I find it helpful to reflect as well as capture experiences which can be referenced later on (by me).

3. Hi Sabrina

Welcome to Blogging! I started off very much like yourself. I first started learning to blog for myself — which then helped me visualize how I might use it with students.

I also participated in a challenge very early in my blogging journey and it made a big difference developing my blogging skills. Mine were daily challenges but weekly are much better because they are less overwhelming!

Don’t hesitate to contact me if you need any help with anything.

Sue Waters
    @suewaters

4. Hi Sabrina,
    Another Sue here from Australia. Great to see some new teachers joining the blogosphere. Will you be starting a class blog for your students in the future? There are some great examples of how teachers have built their class blogs over the years.

@tasteach